This is a few days later than I intended but I’ve finally gotten round to writing my Sunshine Blogger Award post.
I was unbelievably shocked to be tagged in it as I only launched my blog on the 12th Feb.
I was nominated by the lovely Ellieloumusic to do this, so here goes!
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
Questions from Ellie:
1. What made you start blogging?
I tried blogging last year along side a career idea which fell through (the career choice turned out to not be my passion/what I wanted to do) During January I had been thinking of it again, and how much I missed doing it. It also seemed a great way to be working on my writing skill along side other writing projects.
2. What is one brand or person you would love to collab with?
I would probably have to say, NYX cosmetics. I’m a fan of their products, and if I had the budget, I’d be constantly shopping there for makeup. They seem like such an incredible brand and hopefully, I’ll be writing about products of theirs I own at some point!
3. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
This is definitely one to get me thinking, I think wifi would be a good go to one, but instead I’d have to say green tea. I love green tea (hell, I’m drinking it as I write right now!) My love for green tea is most likely an addiction – but hey, it’s good for you!
4. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Don’t be afraid to start. Do what works best for you, and if you truly love it, keep with it. I like to plan schedules for my posts, so I know what I want to post when (and maybe add a few extras here and there) Honestly, if it makes you happy, it’s good to go.
5. If you could get a lifetime supply of sweets/chocolate, what pack/bar would it be?
Sweets. Most definitely sweets. They’d be the least likely to make me feel sick, although, a lifetime supply of skittles would most definitely make me throw up at some point! But I’ll take the risk. Skittles. Definitely.
6. What’s your dream holiday destination?
Japan. No competition. I adore Japan, and would love to go sometime. I’m even trying to learn the language!
7. What’s your favourite blog post of your own so far?
I am still new to this, I only have a few posts so far, but it would definitely have to be my Witch Casket review. I received the sweetest message from the duo who run it, thanking me for the review, and it was just the most heart-warming thing.
8. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Teleportation. I have a fear of flying which doesn’t help when I would love to travel so much of the world.
9. What’s a few of your favourite books?
The Wreck of The Zanzibar, by Michael Morpurgo. I love it, and I highly suggest you read it. It was the first of his I read and I now own about 20 of his books – I may still need to read at least half of them.
10. If you won the lottery, what would you spend it on?
I’d definitely be that person who would invest. Going on the basis I won a hell of a lot, I’d also be buying myself and my partner a good house (or hey, if I have the money, maybe a castle – we can dream!) as well as a place for my parents. Plenty of space for animals, have a room which would be our office, and also make a game room (Any Gamer couples out there?)
11. If you could give your past self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Breathe. It’s going to be a huge struggle, but it will eventually become easier. Pursue interests of yours, study them at school when your original plans backfire. It doesn’t matter if you don’t do it as a career, spend that time doing things you enjoy. Please don’t be so hard on yourself, we have our limits but don’t let them worry you forever.
I just realised the question was one piece of advice. I’m not editing it down. (Sorry?)
(I tried to get to 11, but so many people had already been tagged multiple times!)
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) Where is your blogging “zone”? (a desk, an office, your bed, etc)
3) How do you organize your posts?
4) What skill(s) would you like to learn?
5) Favourite beverage?
6) Favourite music?
7) If you could collaborate with anyone, brand/blogger/etc, who would it be?
8) If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
9) Favourite book?
10) Board games, Computer games, or both? (and why?)
11) Blogging advice to new bloggers?